Tuesday, 25 March 2014

Liquor Licenses for Catering Companies. Gauteng Province.

Liquor Licenses for Catering Companies.Gauteng Province.

We receive numerous enquiries from catering companies who wish to apply for a Liquor License. They wish to offer a one stop service to their customers by offering a Bar service together with the catering. The catering companies usually cater at different venues, depending on the customers requirements.
To apply for a permanent Liquor License one must first have a premises, because the Liquor License stands with one leg on the premises and another leg on the applicant. Therefore the catering company can not apply for a permanent Liquor License if it does not use the same premises every time.
The only choice they have is to apply for a Catering Permit. The Catering Permit is only valid for the one event and for the one venue applied for. It can not be used at other venues. The Catering permit will not be issued for more than seven days at a time.
To apply for a Catering permit or occasional permit is expensive and the Catering Company must ensure that the function attendance is sufficient to cover the cost or to make a profit.
The Gauteng Liquor Board requires the application to be submitted three weeks before the event. They accept no late applications. We require at lease two additional working days to prepare, commission, pay and submit the application.

An inspector of the Liquor Board will inspect the site and submit a report to the Local Committee for evaluation.

For More information Please Contact us

082 556 8368 Frik

074 373 1888 Elmien


Follow us on Twitter

Like Facebook

We also sell Businesses in Vaal Triangle. 

for a full list of businesses for sale.

Wednesday, 19 March 2014

Important information regarding Distribution License (Wholesale)

So what is a distribution license you ask?

Basically it boils down to selling liquor to licensed entities or person. You are not allowed to sell liquor to the public like a liquor store.
Most people call this license a "wholesale" license. But the wholesale license has fallen out of the Provincial act and is now regulated under the National liquor act.

Sale of Liquor.
Your registration enables you to sell to LICENSED businesses who will resell the product.
You may not sell to the public for own consumption or to any unlicensed person or entity.

Trading Hours:
Monday to Saturday between 09h00 and 18h00.
No trading on Sundays and public holidays.
These hours are subject to conditions imposed by the National Liquor Authority, and if the Municipality has not determined the trading days and trading hours.
Manufacturing, loading and traveling may be conducted outside these hours. But off loading of liquor to your client may not take place outside these hours.
A manufacturer or Distributor may deliver and off load to their own warehouse (no transaction takes place) after these hours.

Delivery of Liquor.
To deliver liquor the following is important:
  • Only liquor that has been ordered must be in the vehicle.
  • The original invoice to be kept on the registered premise and copy in the delivery vehicle stating;
1.    Customer
2.    Liquor registration number of both client and manufacturer/distributor.
3.    Invoice number.
4.    Date of issue of invoice.
5.    Kind and quantity of liquor.
6.    Price paid for by the client
7.    Delivery address.
  • Do not deliver to any address not mentioned on the invoice.

Keeping Record
Keep record of all liquor sold in written or electronic form and it must contain the following:
  • Customer identification.
  • Certified copy of your Customer’s National Liquor Authority Registration certificate.
  • Invoice numbers and dates of issue.
  • Kind and quantity of liquor sold.
  • Purchase price paid.

Until October 2014 the threshold for BEE exemption is R5m turnover per year. After October 2014 the threshold will be R10m turnover per year. If your turnover exceeds R10m after October 2014 you cab contact our office,

You must file an annual information return in FORM NLA 28 at least 30 days before the anniversary of your registration certificate. (This is your application for renewal of your registration.)
A registrant who is the holder of an import certificate in terms of section 16 of the Liquor Products act 1989 (act No. 60 of 1989) must file an annual information return in FORM NLA 29 on or before 31 March each year.
Contact your Liquor License Consultant if you require assistance. It is the registrant’s duty to remember this important event and we as Liquor License Consultants do not accept responsibility to remind the registrant.

SAPD officials.
The SAPS has appointed dedicated officials who will enforce the law. Each official will have an appointment certificate and proof identity. Should you be non compliant they will issue a notice of non compliance. Should you not rectify the non compliance a criminal docket will be opened and the process of deregistration will begin.

Should you require further information, kindly contact 


082 556 8368



Follow us on TWITTER
Like us on Facebook

We also sell businesses in the Vaal Triangle


for a full list of businesses for sale in Vaal Triangle.

What Should I Know and Do after receiving my Liquor license.

SO Now you have Finally Received Your Liquor License......

What now, besides trading? 

There are important things to know that not ever consultant will tell you! 


1.    The liquor license certificate must be displayed on a conspicuous place on the premises and be produced on demand by a person authorized thereto by this act or any law.
2.      If your liquor license is in the name of a Close Corporation, Company etc. a section 40 application must be made whereby a natural person is appointed as manager over the license.
3.      If the liquor license is in the name of a natural person, and the license holder is not permanently present at the premises, a person who is permanently at the premises must be appointed in terms of Section 40.)
4.      Do not make any structural changes to the premise before a Section 43 application for the alteration, addition or reconstruction of the premises has been approved by the liquor board.
5.      A licensee shall refuse to sell alcohol to an intoxicated person.
6.      A licensee must display on the front door or window of a licensed premises a notice with characters of larger than 5 centimeters in height the following:
                                     - Name of Business.
 - Type of license
 - Times of Business
  - License Number
7.   Selling of liquor is regarded if you exchange or keep, offer, display, deliver, supply or dispose of for sale, or authorize or allow a sale. Supply is to place a person. in possession or control of the liquor for consumption. Therefore if you do not have a liquor license do not charge a cover charge with “free Liquor” or other methods to justify an unlawful sale of liquor.
8.   Ensure that you choose an experienced liquor consultant who can supply references and proof of successful liquor license applications. Where an application for a license has been refused by the Board, no new application may be made in respect of the same premises within a period of one year from date of refusal....
9.   Gauteng Liquor licenses must be renewed one day before the original issue date of the Liquor License. If you renew one month after the issue date a fine of 50% and two months after the issue date a fine of 100%is imposed. The third month the license expires without a possibility of reinstating the license. A new application must then be made. A renewal advice must be collected from the Board and payment must be made at First National Bank. Your renewal advice and FNB receipt must be kept for the renewal process of the following year.
10. The practice of renting a liquor license is unlawful and can result in the closure of the business and the possibility of further legal action.
11. A liquor license in Gauteng can not be removed from one premises and transferred to another premises. A new application must be made on the new premises.
12. Sale of liquor to individuals under 18 years old is regarded in a serious light and can result in criminal charges brought against the seller and / or the license holder.
13. There is no liquor license which will allow 24 hour delivery or sale of liquor.

For free advise contact

082 556 8368