Monday, 15 July 2013

Can I operate a business without a liquor license and charge an entrance fee??

Can I operate a business without a liquor license and charge an entrance fee or include the price of the liquor in the food bill.


No. The definition of “sell” includes, but is not limited to the following: exchange or keep, offer, display deliver, supply or dispose of for sale, or authorize, direct or allow a sale.                

Section 134 of the Gauteng Liquor Act 2 of 2003; Proof of sale of liquor- Evidence in any criminal proceedings that any person who is not licensed-

(a) had or near his or her premises any signboard or notice purporting that he or she holds a license;
(b) was in occupation or control of premises fitted out with a bar or similar place containing bottles, casks or other receptacles so displayed as to induce a reasonable suspicion that liquor was sold thereon;
(c) had on his or her premises more liquor than reasonably required for his or her personal use and for the use of any person residing thereon: or

(d) bought or procured or had in his or her possession or custody or under his or her control more liquor than was reasonably for consumption by himself or herself, his or her family or his or her bona fide employees or guests, shall be prima facie proof of sale of liquor by the first mentioned person.  

For More information Please Contact 

Frik Liebenberg 

082 556 8368

Or Visit
You can following us on twitter @licensingliquorWe are also on Facebook 

No comments:

Post a Comment